TxHSIC 2020 Conference:
May 27-29, 2021
St. Edward’s University
Hi all, we would like to thank you for attended the 2016 TxHSIC Conference. As promised, here are the slides:
- Dr. Gloria White, President of the TxHSIC – St. Edward’s University
“Tx HSI Consortium 2016 Conference“
- Linda M. McManus, PhD, Director of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs – The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
“NIH and Other Biomedical Funding Opportunities“
- Dr. Diana Doan-Crider – US Forest Service and USDA; and Dr. Bill Quinn – St. Edward’s University
“Challenges and Disconnects in Diversity Recruitment for Natural Resource Management” – This presentation discusses what you should know about the federal pathways hiring system for interns and recent graduates from our HSI institutions; also, funding opportunities for institutions, faculty, and students at USDA and USFS.
- Paul Tymann, PhD – National Science Foundation
“Reviewing NSF Proposals: Learning about Effective Proposal Writing & the Reviewer Process” – This presentation will describe funding opportunities that are available for HSIs, and his advice about successful proposals.
- Beatriz Cajo, Program Director for Title V HSI grants – U.S. Department of Education
“Supporting Hispanic Student Success” – This powerpoint goes over the 2016 priorities and selection criteria for HSI-STEM grants and outlook for additional funding opportunities for HSIs.
- Elizabeth Retamozo – Nosotros Education Center
“Developing a Winning Proposal in 2016” – Ms. Retamozo has a 90% success rate with assisting institutions to secure Title V funding.
- Alamo College
- Alamo College College of the Mainland
- Brookhaven College
- Laredo Community College
- McLennan Community College
- Our Lady of the Lake
- Rio Grande Valley
- St. Edward’s University
- Sul Ross State University
- Texas State University
- Texas A&M University – Kingsville
- Texas A&M – San Antonio Coastal Bend College
- The University of Texas
- University of Incarnate Word
- Wharton County Junior College